Fleet Engine Specialist Lead
We have an urgent opening with a reputed company for railways track maintenance machines.
Please read job profile before applying for this post –
Post : Fleet Engine Specialist Lead,
Location : New Delhi,
Work will involve travel on average 10-12 days per month. ( Project to project ).
Qualification: B.Tech/B.E. (Electrical/Mechanical),
M.Tech/M.E (Electrical/Mechanical), MBA (Strategic Management, Operations Management)
Type of Employment–Full Time/Permanent,
Salary – 10.5 LPA with Variable Bonus (Negotiable)
• 5 years’ experience on the heavy & high power engines like QST Cummins engines & QSX Series engines.
• Must have experience working as the lead of a team size of 4-5 engineers.
Key Responsibility Areas:
The candidate shall be fully responsible for the smooth functioning of all the engines in the machine fleet of the Company, so that all the contracts undertaken by the Company are smoothly executed. Further, your role responsibilities will include the following:
▪ Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair problems pertaining to Engines and associated system/sub-systems to ensure reduced downtime for the machine. Remote assistance to machine employees, customers & OEM for problem rectification.
▪ Scope of work would include remote assistance and on ground support as needed on a case-to-case basis.
Reporting, Documentation, Incident management, Coordinating with OEM, stakeholders, and Machine & Engine employees for specific engine maintenance issues and part sourcing.
▪ Create training modules along with the help of the Training Department for internal consumption related to engine maintenance, common problems, and minor and major engine breakdowns. This would ensure engine readiness and engine worthiness for operation in the machine fleet.
▪ Training company engineering core to deal with minor & major engine failures & breakdowns.
▪ Create a comprehensive checklist based on each engine type of the fleet, for all daily, weekly, monthly, bi-annual and annual checks to be carried out.
▪ As part of routine maintenance conduct machine inspections/audits to understand the current conditions of the Engine systems on the different assets being operated by the company.
▪ Suggest list of parts needed for corrective maintenance.
▪ Creating a report back mechanism for Service Engineers and Machine Supervisors /
Superintendents on the engine health of the fleet.
▪ Create & implement a plan for periodic maintenance visits for all the Engines in the
▪ Analyse drawings, specifications and diagrams relating to engine parameters.
▪ Providing onsite support for breakdown assistance for engine-related issues.
▪ Scheduling overhauling of the engines in the machine fleet in a phased and planned
▪ Providing remote help and troubleshooting assistance in case of problems faced by
the company engineers/customers of the company, during preventive / breakdown
▪ Creating a comprehensive mechanism of reporting engine-related issues/problems &
ensuring these are not repeated. Analyse and interpret Engine performance to enhance its effectiveness vis a vis the Machine.
Candidate must have proficient in written & verbal communication skills (English & Hindi).
Desired Candidate Profile
• Age Criteria – 30 – 35 Yrs.
▪ Lead up to all manpower of machines to safely complete upgrade and overhaul engine(s) involving electrical, electronic & fluid power tasks. Provide work direction to machine employees in conducting technical repairs.
▪ Assist, train, and observe machine employees’ performance for use in evaluations related to engines & related to engine’s overall performance.
▪ Lead implementation of Asset Management tools /software to allow greater data availability and improved operational transparency.
▪ Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency and achieve operational targets.
Can tolerate variable and sometimes challenging conditions during visits or inspection of track maintenance machines.
• Should be adaptable.
• Candidate should be able to read engineering design drawings and work therefrom.
• Candidates must have sound technical / product (repair and maintenance) knowledge
with good fault analysis skills.
• Must possess strong managerial capabilities and sound leadership skills.
• Should have a Customer Focus outlook.
• Should be adept at Problem Solving.
• Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills.
• Must possess People and Manpower Management skills.
• Should have the skills to manage high-stress situations.
• Should have the ability to multi-task and manage various projects and manpower
• Should display Big-picture thinking and vision
• Candidates with keen attention to detail are preferred
• High conflict resolution skills are desired
• Must be fluent in English and Hindi.
• Candidates must be proficient in the computers (MS Office Suite and other software)
• Must have the thrill to handle field jobs & traveling across the nation.
About company : The company is second largest importer company of railways track maintenance machines in india. the company is currently seeking highly motivated individuals to work in a fast-paced environment as Machine Service Engineering Leads for our project(s) for the Indian Railways and various Metros around the country like Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL), etc.